Dreamy Pisces season invites us to dive deep into the emotion ocean as we take time for deep introspection, healing and closure. During Pisces season, we are reminded that part of us falls away (like winter) so we can be born again (like spring).When something in our lives no longer serves us, we have a responsibility to change it or to let it die. This allows us to clear space for what is to come (the new!).
Each zodiac sign is connected with a body part and Pisces governs the feet. The following short yoga sequence is designed to strengthen and stretch the feet to encourage stability, agility and focus. It also opens the heart to embrace the compassionate qualities of Pisces.
- Begin standing tall in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and shift your weight into one foot.
- Inhale to lift the opposite knee to 90 degrees; pause and stabilize.
- Begin to swing that foot back and catch it in your hand as you slide it into the inside of the elbow.
- Optional: Take the opposite hand behind the back of your head to bind with the other, reaching for the fingertips, to enter a standing Mermaid posture. Breathe and smile, and then gently release the foot from the elbow.
- Maintaining your balance, send the foot behind you a little further to re-grab the inside of it with your hand to enter Dancer’s Pose (Natarajasana). Pause here for a few breaths, then gently release the foot, swinging it in front of you again to 90 degrees, and then lower it down to meet the other.
- To give the feet a bit more strengthening and stretching, inhale the arms overhead and lift to the balls of the feet. Exhale to sit low on your heels, keeping the balls of the feet lifted.
- Inhale back to stand and then switch sides.
Written by Andrea Rice and published on https://astrostyle.com/