Welcome to a New Year ! Below are some gentle reminders of the teachings for your successful, healthy and fulfilling Yogic New Year as per Swami Sitaramananda.
- Happiness is within, calm the mind with Yoga practice to find happiness.
- Peace inside will lead to peace outside. If you want the world to have peace, start with yourself.
- Everything happens for a reason. Develop faith that you will understand everything and see the bigger picture in due time.
- Fears make you limited and powerless, cultivate courage. Have self-confidence. Do not worry, be happy.
- Accept yourself and others, respect yourself and others. This is the beginning steps for positive changes in yourself and others.
- Let go of the past, it no longer serves you. Do not worry about the future, be aware and awake to be good and do good in the present. The present contains all possibilities.
- What makes a wise choice? Something that will bring maximum good, and less harm; something that will bring you closer to the Truth within.
- Detachment does not mean that you are losing something. Actually, you are gaining yourself back instead of losing yourself.
- Attachment gives you a sense of fulfillment mixed with a sense of fear of losing. Free yourself from fear, by enjoying without losing yourself.
- You can not get true and lasting freedom without self-discipline.
- Yoga asanas move your prana and remove your stress. Do them daily.
- Pranayama gives you balance and renewal. Learn to feel subtly and not just sensually.
- Meditation a little per day builds up a habit of turning inward and gives a break to the mind.
- Replace doubts with satsanga, company of those with no doubts.
- Satsanga means going to the ashram and centers to meet people like you, but also includes reading and contemplating some daily words of wisdom from books of the Masters.
- Pay attention to Kusanga, bad company. It includes too much indulging in social media, endless chattering of self and others.
- Keep your mind focused on your goal of Self Realization.
Om shanti, prostrations to you,