The following extract is from Powerfull Living. Read the full article, by life strategist Lorraine Cohen, here.
Several years ago I read Neale Donald Walsch’s book, “Happier Than God”, which is a fabulous book.
He says, “The Law of Opposites works in perfect harmony with the Energy of Attraction. This principle states that no sooner will you call something into your reality than it’s exact opposite will also appear – and always first.”
Opposites provides a context to experience what is desired by first experiencing what is undesired as a sign that you are on the right path toward your chosen objective.
How to appreciate the Law of Opposites?
Here are seven tips:
- Bless the experience and say thank you.
- Be open to uncover any subconscious beliefs and programs potentially contributing to what you are experiencing that are ready to be healed, released, and replaced.
- Listen to your inner wisdom and guidance for clarity and perspective. It is the Gift of Wisdom that helps us to discern the difference between being up against a wall or at the entrance to a doorway.
- Allow your curiosity and wonder to guide you to a more joyful experience. Unleash the power of your imagination to dream of possibilities and opportunities on the horizon.
- Put your attention on all the gifts and blessings in your life.Gratitude is a powerful attitude shifter that moves us from a state of constriction to expansion.
- Remind yourself that the Law of Opposites exists to light the way to your desires. Monitor your thoughts and judgements so that you see and feel the truth rather than react to the story and illusion you are creating in your mind.
- Use your spiritual practices to stay connected to your heart and the Divine. Choose to do things that bring you joy. Reach out to the people who love and celebrate you.