On behalf of the Yoga Teachers’ Fellowship, I wish to express our deepest sympathies for the passing of Sam Busa, this morning, Tuesday 19 January 2010. He died peacefully at Hospice Houghton, surrounded by his loved ones. To his immediate family and long term students, condolences; we share in your loss.
We are grateful for Sam’s generosity and pioneering spirit. His strength and wisdom in the early years helped create the foundation of Yoga in South Africa. We honour and acknowledge Sam’s awareness in a healthy lifestyle, which he cosciously spread through his teachings and guidance in his trademark Sam Busa Health Centre, from Hillbrow to the Michaelangelo Hotel. May he rest in peace.The Yoga Way (excerpt from Hatha Yoga Simplified : Sam Bus was Associate Editor and Editorial Consultant 1970, Issue No 3; 50c)
1. Be strong, don’t let anybody disturb you peace of mind.
2. Don’t belittle your friends (or pupils)
3. Be positive: talk Health, Happiness, Prosperity to all
4. Be enthusiastic of the success of others, the same as you are of your own.
5. Be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and let your happiness not permit trouble.
6. Think well of yourself, not in boastful words, but in noble deeds.
7. Have faith that the whole world is on your side – it will be as long as you are sincere in yourself.