- controls blood sugar levels
- helps maintain insulin sensitivity
- is a powerful antioxidant: great for youthful longevity
- may have antibacterial and antifungal properties, good for blood cleansing and circulation
- boosts energy level and vitality; specially good for kapha types
Cinnamon is effective in controlling blood sugar levels. A 2003 Diabetes Care medical journal published test describes the results of subjects taking 1, 3, or 6 grams of cinnamon per day in capsule form (the equivalent of approx 1/4 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon).All 3 amounts of cinnamon groups showed reduced fasting blood glucose levels by 18-29% after 40 days.
Cinnamon may increase insulin sensitivity: essentially the body is better able to control blood sugar while simultaneously needing to produce less insulin. Insulin resistance causes abdominal fat accumulation and excess eating, cravings or munchies.
So add cinnamon to your yogi chai, smoothies, breakfast oats, fruit, dessert – anywhere to add flavour and an immune system boost.
Maybe a cinnamon capsule before each meal can help control appetite. Ishta New York guru, Alan Finger, already in the early 1970s, recommended a teaspoon of cinnamon powder each morning during change of season to stimulate the immune system and improve resistance to seasonal influenza, colds.
Always be discerning; should you have allergies, consult your doctor.Latin names: Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Cinnamomum cassia
Cinnamon is a small tree that grows in India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Brazil, Vietnam, and Egypt. It’s one of the oldest known spices. Preparation: The bark of the cinnamon tree is dried and rolled into cinnamon sticks, also called quills. Cinnamon can also be dried and ground into a powder.The characteristic flavor and aroma of cinnamon comes from a compound in the essential oil of the bark called cinnamonaldehyde.
Ingredients for a quick & delicious tea:
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 chamomile, any herbal or decaffeinated black teabag,
- stevia, or another sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place the cinnamon stick in a cup.
- Add the boiling water and steep covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the teabag. Steep for one to three minutes.
- Sweeten to taste, if desired.
Some info from Peepl Web: cinnamon tree notizario