Warmer weather is on the way and with it the start to lighter meal ideas. Enjoy!!!
1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
3 cups water
1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup finely chopped pecan nuts
100g goats cheese
300g kidney beans, drained and rinsed
800g baby roma or yellow pepper tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber chopped
1/3 cup currants
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup salad sprouts
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Combine quinoa and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil on high and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce to low heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes until grains are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a bowl combine nuts. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of cheese into flattened patties and coat in nuts. Chill until firm.
- Dressing: In a jug, whisk all ingredients together. Season to taste.
- In a serving bowl, toss together rocket, beans, tomatoes, cucumber and currants with quinoa.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium. Fry patties for a few seconds each side until golden. Drain on paper towel and add to salad. Finish with sprout, mint and drizzle of dressing.