- This event has passed.
Movement and Anatomy Workshop with Niki Vetten
December 4, 2012 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm$250.00
This workshop looks at the relationships between the muscles of the chest, neck and shoulders, as well as upper back pain that is caused by the shoulder girdle. There will be a particular focus on inversions and arm balances. Detailed notes and a PDF with photos of the relevant movements, pointers, etc. will be given.
Topic to be covered include:
- Upper body and shoulder flexibility
- Chaturanga and rotator cuff injuries
- Neck tension and the Trapezius
- Wrist and elbow pain from yoga
- Strengthening the neck and shoulders
- Upper back pain and the ribs
- Teaching safe inversions
- Preparing the body for inversions