Codes of Conduct apply in all walks of life.
This code is meant to remind you that your ability to honour your promises directly impacts your credibility, reputation, trustworthiness, earning ability, and overall peace of mind. The power of commitment and honouring promises to yourself and others is the key to abundance.
The Code is not intended to supersede the Code of Conduct/Ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga ethics, in general and specifically as a Registered Yoga Teachers’ Fellowship Teacher.
· Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as expressed in the Yamas and Niyamas.
· Uphold the integrity of the yoga profession by conducting oneself in a professional and conscientious manner.
· Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
· Actively encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, ethnicity, gender,physical limitations or religion affiliations.
· Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students and the essence of Yoga.
· The teacher should be able to adapt her/his teaching to the students’ requirements, their individual needs and to respect their limits.
Adhere to local government and national laws that pertain to best business practice.
(Adapted from International Yoga Federation, with gratitude)