Many of us are hindered by a procession of well worn negative thoughts that affect how we view what happens to us in life, what we expect from it and ultimately, what life gives us. The simple remedy for this? A mantra – a sequence of words that support you to attain this goal. Mantras interrupt negative thought patterns and when repeated frequently, ingrain new, positive thought patterns into our subconscious. A healthy new receptive thought can rewire the brain, making it change its structure and function for the better, says neuroplasticity expert Norman Doidge, author of “The Brain’s Way of Healing”.
Below are some tried and tested mantras to help you deal with everyday life and keep you in a positive state of mind.
- “I am here now “– this mantra helps with feelings of regret. It helps you focus your attention on the present moment and not on the past.
- ” All is well in my world and I believe this is so” – this mantra is great for people you suffer from generalised anxiety and continual feelings of foreboding. Repeating this when panicked or under pressure and can detachment and disengagement allowing for one to think clearly.
- ” I release resistance and go with the flow” – by repeating this mantra you release resistance to change and surrender to the current of life. Paradoxically when you allow yourself to float rather than resist the change you’ll feel calmer and more in control.
- “I feel calm and in control” – this mantra can be used to help you feel calm and collected when you feel anger rising.
- ” I am vital, energised and in perfect, divine health” – by repeating this mantra you are setting the intention that your mind, body and spirit are well, full of vitality and energised.
Written by Angela Barrett, Fair Lady Magazine April 2017