7 good pointers for integrating sadhana into lifestyle.Sustaining self practice or even becoming and staying fit may be a challenge.
1. Be Consistent: dedicate a set time and space for a routine that suits your day.
2. Be inspired, passionate, mindful: Find what moves you and do what you love. Whatever you do will make a difference.
3. Biorhythms: Respect your body clock needs. If you are a morning person, your energy and mind are fresh and receptive to early training. Afternoon sessions may perk up your energy during the day or help you unwind after a stressful day.
4. Set Realistic Goals: start at 15 minutes and increase healthy behaviours rather than try to achieve the perfect 60 minutes meditation and give up, distracted after 10 minutes.
5. Use the Buddy System: Team up with a friend or relative whom you trust who shares your intention to establish a healthier lifestyle. Encourage one another. Exercise together. Use this as an opportunity to enjoy one another’s company and to strengthen the relationship.
6. Call in the Pros: A beginner or a person with special needs will benefit from an assessment or a private, one on one session with a professional. This will encourage awareness of balance, alignment, flexibility and strength.
7. Be Patient: Life is a journey, starting with the first steps and learning at every step.There will be ups and downs, give and take, setbacks and victories, enjoy the trip. Be Happy.