The Yoga Teachers Fellowship, an autonomous non-profit organisation (No 029 725 NPO), promotes the principles of yoga and represents the interests of yoga teachers in South Africa. It is inclusive and respectful of all individual teaching styles and is committed to supporting conscious harmony and peace.
As a Community forum it offers a Register of qualified Yoga Teachers and Teachers in training; a listing of Yoga schools and studios; an international and national calendar of events, retreats and workshops; an ongoing skills upgrade resource with informative articles and inspiration, a communication service for all whose passion is YOGA, uniting students, teachers in training and qualified teachers.
- Fellowship encourages communication, sharing and promoting spiritual unity consciousness; co-operation and understanding between members, schools and the public at large.
- Fellowship implies a partnership in promoting and upholding the principles of Yoga in an ever growing community of like minded people, interested in Yoga.
Code of Conduct/Integrity Pledge
This code is meant to remind you that your ability to honour your promises directly impacts your credibility, reputation, trustworthiness, earning ability, and overall peace of mind. The power of commitment and honouring promises to yourself and others is the key to abundance. The Code is not intended to supersede the Code of Conduct/Ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga ethics, in general and specifically as a Registered Yoga YTF Teacher.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as expressed in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Uphold the integrity of the yoga profession by conducting oneself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Actively encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical limitations or religion affiliations.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students and the essence of Yoga.
- The teacher should be able to adapt her/his teaching to the students’ requirements, their individual needs and to respect their limits.
- Adhere to local government and national laws that pertain to best business practice.
(Adapted from International Yoga Federation Pledge)
Benefits of Joining YTF
- Recommendation of qualified yoga teachers.
- Advertised in mags, Online Yellow Pages and most other media services (e.g., Buzz, Facebook, Media 24)
- Personal response to call & e-mail inquiries.
- Newsletter from YTF
- Ongoing affordable workshops
- Events listing and happenings
- Website: register of teachers Full members & Associate members
- Register of Studios
- Articles, Meditations, inspiration, general awareness
- International conferences updates