“The benefits of yoga asana are greatest when we experience both steadiness and ease, sthira and sukham, strength and softness. In this state of balanced awareness, we may become more receptive to the breath and less captivated by intellectual distractions.”
” Nothing restores a semblance of balance to ones life better than a cup of tea and a slice of cake” – Anon
- 25g vegan margarine plus extra for greasing
- 3 dessert apples (Golden Delicious)
- 195g muscovado sugar
- 180g plain flour
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 7.5ml mixed spice
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 5ml vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 85g pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease and line the base of a 23cm cake tin.
- Core and peel and coarsely grate 2 of the apples and finely slice the remaining apple.
- Melt 85g of the sugar and the margarine in a pan, then pour into the prepared tin. Top with the sliced apple in a single layer.
- Combine the flour, 110g of sugar, the bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, 180ml water, the vinegar, grated apple and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, quickly but thoroughly.
- Roughly chop and stir in the pecans, then pour over the layer of apples in the cake tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out.
Cell: 083 730 8344