Viparati Karani (Modified Shoulder Stand)

“Invest 1 percent of each day’s time in you and the other 99 percent will benefit”
Prof .Colin Turner

This translates into 12 minutes of your waking hours which is exactly how much time you need for this asana

The Practice:

  • Place a folded blanket at right angles to a wall and about half a meter away from the wall. Your blanket should be long enough for you to lie on and thick enough to provide padding against the floor
  • Sit on your blanket, sideways to the wall
  • Swivel your legs up the wall as you lie back
  • Your chin should be tucked gently toward your chest. Place a support, a cushion, under your head if your chin is poking up to the ceiling

Continue reading